After continuous small incremental improvements, it’s time to release a new version of the 3Delight/Blender render engine exporter. This version now requires blender 2.58 and adds a few new features, continuing to round out support for getting geometry data out of Blender. The main additions include:
- Exporting geometry to RIB archives, either manually (File → Export → RIB Archive) or at render time, automatically. Animated RIB archive file sequences can be exported to disk too, and rendered appropriately.
- Rendering blender objects as procedural geometry (Object Properties → Renderman Geometry panel). There’s basic support for DynamicLoad DSOs, RunProgram procedurals, Archives and DelayedReadArchives.
- Instancing blender objects on particles – full deformation and transformation motion blur is supported
- Exporting primitive variables from custom mesh data (such as vertex groups, vertex colors, and uv sets), with some convenient options for default UV sets and colors. Particles can also have primitive variables too, exporting per-point data such as particle age, velocity, lifetime, etc.
- Exporting blender fluid with motion blur
- Exporting blender curve objects as either renderman curve primitives (no animation supported yet due to limitations in the blender API), or as tessellated polygon mesh or subdivision mesh objects (animation supported).
Download the new addon here: render_3delight_0.6.0.zip
As always, feedback and questions are welcome in the comments here.